The world has undergone many changes since then - sadly none of it was due to me (which might explain the picture on the left) - and writing is still one of my biggest passion. While I do enjoy seeing the stats climb every once in a while, pouring words out to my heart's content still makes me happy.
I may not have a colourful life as other bloggers out there, but for what I lack I substitute it with what's inside me, and I can say that I do have a very active imagination.
It has been a while since I started blogging with the ambition of becoming one of the best in Singapore (and maybe the world), and although I admit that the dream is still far from reachable, it helped to propel me to experience a lot of different sights and sound along the way, and they are (in random order):
-  Attended the 2013 ASEAN Blogger Festival at Solo, Indonesia, as part of the international bloggers (blog post)
- Winning a X6 Nokia phone from Nuffnang (blog post here)
- Winning an iPad from Exabytes (blog post here)
- One of the Top 23 for Standard Chartered's World's Coolest Intern (blog post here)
- Top 10 finalist bloggers for Omy.sg and FandN Spread The Groove Challenge for Singapore Dance Delight 2011 (blog post here)
- One of the 5 winners of a HTC Wildfire for the HTC Connects You and Me Challenge (blog post here)
- One of the blogger mentors for Youth.sg's Campus Spy Network (blog post here)
- Finalist for Singapore Blog Awards 2011, Best WTH Category (blog post here)
- Appeared on Channel News Asia on the 9th of November 2011, thanks to a blog post on the Adelyn Hosehbo issue (blog post here)
- Top 20 for Cathay Cineleisure's Next Online Sensation blog competition
- Finalist for Singapore Blog Awards 2012, Panasonic's Best Y-Bloggist (link here)
- Finalist for Singapore Blog Awards 2013: Best WTH, Best Online Shopping and Best Pop Music Category (link here)
To be honest, in a world where the internet reigns supreme today, I would like to revise the famous guy's quote to "The keyboard is mightier than a sword", as it allows one the power to reach millions just by sitting in front of the computer. A very powerful tool indeed, should you know how to use it. But as Uncle Ben cautioned too, with great power comes great responsibility, and the past few years has been a great teacher for me in dealing with the internet.
Blogging has introduced a whole new life to me, a life that I would have never known if I didn't click on the "Create a blog" button in 2006. And I would sincerely encourage you to try it out too.
Your neighbourhood friendly blogger,